Sunday, May 8, 2011

Malan Turned 8!


Malan was baptized on Saturday April 30th, the day after her 8th birthday!  She wore cousin Mckenzie's baptism dress so it was extra special.  It was a beautiful snowy morning that turned into a green, but chilly afternoon.  We had a brunch with family and friends at the church after the meeting, and although I can't say everything went off without a hitch, the "hitches" were not significant enough to remember or worry about.  My mom gave an inspiring talk on the Holy Ghost, Brigita and my dear friend Christy sang an angelic duet, Uncle Adam graced us all with his piano prowess, and all the cousins who dared sang I Am a Child of God.  Rustin did the baptizing and confirming with the adoring grandpas as witnesses.  It was so comforting to have the love and support of all our family (the presence of those absent was felt and appreciated) and many friends on Malan's special day.  Thank you to everyone who made the brunch possible by preparing yummy food and helping with set up and clean up!  It was a great day!



Malan spoke in church today (Mothers' Day) about how she felt at her baptism.  Her talk (which she thought up and typed totally unaided) follows. 

I have been asked to talk about some of my feelings about my baptism & say some things special about my Mom & say some ways my Mom helped me get ready for my baptism. Some of my feelings about my baptism are… when I went in the water I felt really good. And when I came out of the water I felt really warm. And after I got dressed I told my Mom I wanted to get baptized 100 times. Because it felt so good getting baptized. And it felt really warm not just the water made me feel warm the holy gost did to. I  And some things special about my Mom are…my Mom is always there for me and she always helps me when I need help. I am glad my Mom & Dad are married &I am glad they are my Mom and Dad. Some ways my Mom helped me get ready for my baptism are… she helps teach me the commandments &she helps teach me the gospel. And one of the commandments is to get baptized.  

1 comment:

vdg family said...

How wonderful! I am pretty sure your mom lent my mom your baptismal dress for when I got baptized. I felt so beautiful! I loved it! Those memories last for ever.