Thursday, June 2, 2011
New Job!
Yesterday was Rustin's first day on his new job at FFKR Architects. This is a big change for him, and not one that was anticipated or very welcomed, but we feel like it will end up being a good experience for him and the family. The firm where he used to work suddenly found themselves without some big projects that they expected to have, which meant that they had way too many people to keep busy (and keep paying). They gave Rustin the option of staying on with a pay cut or interviewing with FFKR, who they had learned was hiring. He chose to interview and got the job! He has had mixed feelings about this change because FFKR is a big firm and he has typically not wanted to work for a big firm, but it seems there are some benefits to it. The big one that I am hopeful about is that they do not encourage working overtime, and if it is necessary, they pay you for it (time and a 1/2 even)! So... maybe, just maybe, I'll get to see my husband more. We feel very blessed that Rustin did not have to have any time out of work. He was able to go from one job right to the other, which is amazing in this job market. One of the many blessings of paying our tithing! I may post more details or impressions later, but for now, I must go to bed.
1 comment:
Congratulations! I hope it all works out for the best. I'm sure it will be nice to work for a company that values their employees.
Post a Comment