Monday, December 19, 2011

Athletes

Logan
Malan & her best friend Ella
Amelia

I wrote this entry several months ago, and for some reason never posted it.  I probably thought it needed to be added to or maybe I had some other thought that I didn't have time to include at the moment.  Well, the thought is gone now, and I'm feeling less picky about being literary, so here it is, just the way it is.

So remember a few posts ago I wrote about the girls and ballet?  And at the end I made a comment about them eventually choosing soccer over dance?  Well... they are now refusing to go to ballet now that their spring show is over and they are both on soccer teams for the first time.   Logan is also playing soccer again for the first time since we left Albuquerque.  He is so naturally athletic that he generally does pretty well at whatever he tries even if he doesn't know all the rules and technique.  Hopefully he will stick with soccer for a while so he can really learn how it's done (I enjoy watching soccer much more than baseball).  But I will watch him do whatever he enjoys the most.  I would really love it if my kids got into something that I enjoy doing that we could do together, like climbing, biking, or hiking... I'll keep trying.  It's not that they don't like to do those things, they do, it's just not something they have pursued actively without serious mom and dad encouragement.

No comments: