Today I spent a minute checking out a friend's blog and saw a link to a blog in memory of their angel baby. I clicked on it and allowed myself a few minutes of remembering our Alice and the feelings surrounding her birth. I left a comment on the blog sharing some of my feelings, so I thought I would just share those quickly here.
"It has been a month or so since I have had a good cry for my own angel baby Alice who went back to our Heavenly Father in December of 2006. It felt good to cry tears of sorrow and joy in her memory at the same time as I read the poems and listened to the music on your bog. One of my greatest fears in losing Alice was that I would forget about her and forget the feeling of loss that I felt at her death. Sharing moments like this with other families who have felt loss too, help to make it impossible for me to forget. So, thank you. I pray for you, and for all who have lost children, that we may feel those angel babies present in our homes and be worthy of a joyous reunion with them in the eternities".
Thanks for indulging me with a personal moment. I have to say that Alice's memory makes every kick and squirm of the baby inside me even more precious and even sacred to me.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. I did not know you had to go through such a difficult thing. I do not know what it is like to lose a child. We had a very close call with my third. And that is all I think I could take. This confims what I all ready knew; what a srong and amazing person you are! It sounds like you are able to find some peace with it. I hope so at least.
It was great to see you and catch up a little.
I love the name game. When Megan (my oldest sister) was born I wanted to name her Rainbow Bright! It is so fun to hear what come out of the mouth of babes :)
Jana - I haven't checked your blog for awhile, but then again, you haven't posted for awhile. This is a sweet post about Alice. I think about her sometimes too and wonder how your current pregancy has made you feel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love you!
Post a Comment