Saturday, January 15, 2011

Daily affirmations

I'm on a role and not falling asleep at the keyboard yet, so I'm adding another post.  This is a list of self-talk affirmations I wrote a few months ago.  It felt kind of silly to write it, but reading it now, I see that it would be very useful for me to actually read it daily... memorize it... come to believe it... and then become this person.  My plan is to have my blog made into a book that will serve as our family scrapbook as well as my journal, so I'm just going to post whatever I feel like posting as often as I can.  I just thought about what I just wrote... not sure I really want my personal journal to be the family scrapbook, maybe I'll have to do 2 blogs, one just for me, and one for friends and family.  Yikes!  I haven't even done 1 blog well... now 2?!  Where is my brain?  Should have gone to bed long ago.  Anyway, here are my "affirmations";

I can act quickly and efficiently using every available moment to work toward accomplishing my goals.

I can be patient with my children.  I can have fun with them and say "yes" often and "no" only when necessary.

I can take care of my body by eating healthy foods and few treats, exercising daily, and going to bed at a reasonable hour (10:30 ish).  OOPS!

I can smile and laugh often.

I can put the Lord first as I use my time and resources.

I can keep negative thoughts and feelings from entering my mind.

I like this picture because we all look genuinely happy... and well... we are... most of the time!  We even look like we're having fun (note daily affirmation above).

1 comment:

Jessica Marie said...

I hope that picture gets framed someday! It's so beautiful!