Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back to it?

Ok, so I have been deliberating over how to handle this blog thing.  I don't want it to be a pain for the people that I want to read it, yet at the same time, I don't really want to spill my guts to anyone who might happen along my blog.  So I have just left it alone for the past 5 months.  But now I think I have decided that I will go ahead and post when I can and make logging in a requirement for those who want to read.  Maybe at some point I will make another blog that I can make more public, but for now, this is all I can do.  

I think I've also decided that I can't try to "catch up" on the last 35 years of my life, or even the last year of my life, so I'm just going to post what I feel like posting, when I get around to posting.  This means there will be major gaps in time and events... and that will really bug me, but I am going to resist my tendency toward "if you can't do it thoroughly or near perfectly, don't do it at all" and just do what I can.   That is kind of my new motto in life.  I realize that I can't do everything (although part of me deep down still thinks I should be able to), so I am working on being happy about what I can accomplish.  Sometimes it's just "I managed to feed the kids today" and sometimes it's a lot more, but somehow I have to be ok with whatever it is.   

No comments: