05/24/11-Amelia played so hard at recess today that she was "bursting into tears of sweatiness!"
04/06/11-Malan and Amelia had been narrating a very creative adventure story with each of them contributing back and forth for about 10 minutes, when Malan decided that her character in the story broke her arm. Amelia could not agree that such a thing could happen even though the character had fallen from space. She protested for several minutes, and finally said with exasperation, "that's not in my imagination Malan!", so Malan responded with "then I don't want to be in your imagination!" and that was the end of the adventure.
03/27/11-Rustin walked through the bedroom where Evan was gearing up to play, Evan said, "Daddy!" then held out a toy to Rustin, patted the floor next to him, and said, "play!" How can you resist that!?
03/07/11-Logan, "I learned something today. Never tell your mom your secrets or she'll write them in her blog." I guess I won't be divulging any more Logan secrets, since I don't want him to quit telling them to me.
2/24/11-Amelia, "mom, do you think you are epic?" mom, "sure, I'm epic." Amelia, "no you're not, you're not epic." mom, "why not?" Amelia, "because you have to be cool to be epic!"
2/22/11-Logan, "mom, how many boys did you date before you decided to marry dad?" mom, "a lot." Logan, "that's what I'm going to do, date a lot of different girls until I find just the right one. I've already started looking, and I think I have one possibility so far." mom, "but you're only 11, you can't date yet." Logan, "I know, but just to keep in touch with until I can date. She's the only girl that I kind of like that is cute and also goes to church. I want to find someone who is cute and goes to church and who will go along with my plan." mom, "Oh? what's your plan?" I want to find someone who will be willing to go to work so I can stay home with the kids." mom, "Really? you don't want to work?" Logan, "I do, but I want to take turns staying home so I can spend time with the kids too." mom, "Sound like a pretty good plan."
01/25/11-Logan, "mom, I just don't get girls!" mom, "what do you mean?" Logan, "you know when it comes to love stuff." Logan then proceeds to tell a story of girls liking him one minute and then "dumping" him the next. I say, "you don't really need to worry about any of that confusing stuff until you're about 22." Logan, "but I like worrying about it." YIKES!!!
01/17/11-Amelia is working on her speech issues, but she still talks about how much she loves "tittys" and how much she wants a "dod". Malan had the same speech patterns but has almost completely overcome them. Amelia is learning from her big sister that she can change the way she talks with a little effort.
01/16/11-Evan's words: mommy, daddy, shoes, leche, help me, ball, book, no, sí, abre, cars, see, me, mine, go
12/14/10-Logan "so, do you have to have sex to get pregnant?", mom, "yes", Logan, "so how does that work?", Malan and Amelia, "ya, we want to know too." OK, so I'm a little slow with the sex talk for Logan, but I'm not sure I'm ready for it with the girls yet. I've been giving them bits and pieces for a while. Although, when Logan and I had our first detailed talked about it, it wasn't too painful. Not sure what I was afraid of.
No comments:
Post a Comment