This has nothing to do with the post, except that it's of Logan and I thought it was a fun picture.
When I wrote about Mothers' Day talks a few posts ago I failed to mention that along with Malan and me, Logan spoke in sacrament meeting too. I'm posting his talk here too. He did a great job, and I was happy to be speaking with 2 of the amazing people who made me a mom. Here's the talk...
I have been asked to speak about how my mother has helped me become a deacon and receive the priesthood. The Priesthood is “the authority to act for the Lord and do His work on the earth.”
I learned from the Gospel Principles manual that;
“A young man who has been baptized and confirmed a member of the Church and is worthy may be ordained to the office of deacon when he is 12 years old. The deacons are usually assigned to pass the sacrament to members of the Church, keep Church buildings and grounds in good order, act as messengers for priesthood leaders, and fulfill special assignments such as collecting fast offerings.”
My mother has helped me become a deacon by teaching me about the gospel helping me live the commandments. Making good choices will help me to be worthy to receive the priesthood when I turn 12.
I have also done some things to prepare myself to become a deacon.
I read the scriptures and say my prayers. I go to most of my scout meetings. I go to church every Sunday and try to keep the commandments. When I make a mistake I repent and try not to do it again.
My mom is special because she helps me with school and work at home. She feeds me and takes care of me when I’m sick. And because she typed this talk for me as I slept on her floor at 10:30 last night even though she is sick and needed to go to bed early. Those are some of the reasons I love my mom.
Testimony, etc.
OK, so I (Jana) didn't really write the whole talk. I did type the whole thing, but Logan mostly told me what to write. But when he fell asleep before it was totally done, I just couldn't resist adding the line about writing his talk. It was pretty funny when he read through the whole thing for the first time in the car on the way to church. When he got to the sleeping line, he just stopped and said..."moooom" (that's a drawn out, disgusted-tone "mom", not moo like a cow). He did omit the line in sacrament meeting. I love my almost a teenager boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment